is a media center for a car based PC( personal companion ). And allows you:
- listen music in a popular formats such as MP3, OGG, WMA, AC3
- watch movies: DVDs, VCDs, SVCDs, divx, avi, xvid and more...
- organize your music files into the playlists and switch between them
- identify your AudioCDs through the CDDB database
- use touchscreen or small LCD as a visual device
- i18n compatible( mutlilanguages and localization )
See a complete list of features here
PyCar is a Python based application, uses leading open source projects as a code base.
It provides very extensive framework and can be customized by using external scripts, modules, plugins and renderers.
It allows to represent visual information in many possible ways: menu, buttons, small displays, virtual terminals and others.
You may try our latest build by downloading either
binary for Windows or taking the source code for all platforms.
No modifications or recompilation needed to run PyCar on Linux vs Windows or vise versa.
If you use binary distribution, you'll get the whole package without the need to install or download any other components.
In case if you want to install PyCar from source you will need the following packages/libraries installed on your platform:
Note that each package above may have its own dependencies, so check out their installation instructions first.
The binary distribution is available for Windows platform only. You may download it